View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Show & Tell 
Site Admin

A lot of you mentioned in your introductions that you're creative types. Share your creations here. Art, writing, website links.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:20 am
Profile WWW

I'm vain enough to be game:

Clarkythecruel.wordpress.com - for general roleplaying, war gaming & comics stuff

Alfiesantics.wordpress.com - specific roleplaying game set in 30s alternate history a Very British Civil War 1938

Feedback on either or both very welcome.

Now can somebody really creative please turn up :)

Kehaar

Co-presenter Dissecting Worlds podcast - dissectingworlds.com
General gaming clarkythecruel.wordpress.com & current campaign www.alfiesantics.wordpress.com

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:25 pm
Site Admin

Amalgamated Liverpool Free Intelligence & Espionage Service! I love it!

I'm a huge early 20th century history dork. This stuff is right up my alley and totally amazing.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:31 am

Phil wrote:
Amalgamated Liverpool Free Intelligence & Espionage Service! I love it!

I'm a huge early 20th century history dork. This stuff is right up my alley and totally amazing.

Well we start again in September and play on skype if you ever want to guest star! The Solway Minatures guys have come up with a great background that you can refresh with your local history.

Forgot but some of my (terrible) writing and other talented people as an petered out mosasic novel project are here http://cutthroatcreeks.wordpress.com/,

the Crypt http://cutthroatcreeks.wordpress.com/the-stories/chapter-5-crypt-by-kehaar/ is one that is slightly Smithian (though it was before I read any Smith.)

Kehaar

General gaming clarkythecruel.wordpress.com & current campaign www.alfiesantics.wordpress.com

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:19 pm
Site Admin

What system do you use to play Alfies Antics? I'm really fascinated.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:26 am

GURPS but we play blind so players write biogas of their characters (detailed on the alfies agents pages) & generate the characters but only I have stats so players concentrate on decisions & roleplaying not what's on a character sheet

Kehaar

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Some friends & I ran a miniature wargames campaign of an American version of the Very British Civil War.

Here's the setup & this part is the actual real historical part. On Feb 15, 1933, about 3 weeks before FDR was inaugurated, there was an assassination attempt made against him. The attempted assassin actually ended up killing the Chicago Mayor who was next to FDR.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Zangara

At the time, it was not law that the Vice President would take over if the President died or was incapacitated. The 20th amendment to the Constitution which would make that law was ratified in January of 1933, but not scheduled to go into affect in October of 1933.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twentieth_ ... nstitution

In the VACW world, the assassin did hit FDR & put him into a coma & the country has no clear leader. 2 factions arise. There are the Constutionalists who believed the 20th amendment should be used & FDR's vice president should take the office.

Because FDRs attacker was of Italian decent, it was played up the assassination attempt was controlled by the Communists. So Herbert Hoover creates kind of a Homeland Security office to prosecute the assailant & purge the country of Communists. He creates a Secretary General position as head of the office, which Charles Lindbergh is given. With Lindbergh's (historical) support of fascism & white supremacy, he starts leading the country in a Nationalist direction,

So the Constitutionlists & Nationalists face off for the fate of the country.

None of this is our idea, someone else came up with it. But we had a lot of fun tailoring our factions to based on our local Northern California history of the time. My faction was based on the family that owned/owns the local Sacramento newspaper funding a Constitutionalist militia.

Sorry that was probably too much info, but Phil said he was interested, so it's all his fault. Hope you enjoy.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:27 am
Site Admin

I love it.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:00 pm

Me too - & the minature wargamer in me wants to hear more (do 15mm SF, VBCW, FoW WW2 & AK47 Republic & bits of others) where would best to discuss it?

Kehaar

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:02 pm
Site Admin

That sounds awesome.

An American Civil War in the 30's in California?

I picture Clark Ashton Smith holding a black flag adorned with a white skull, wearing his red beret, cresting a hill. An army of skeletons behind him.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:04 pm
Profile WWW

Kehaar wrote:
GURPS but we play blind so players write biogas of their characters (detailed on the alfies agents pages) & generate the characters but only I have stats so players concentrate on decisions & roleplaying not what's on a character sheet

Now *that* my good sir, is how to do roleplaying over the interwebs! :golfclap:

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Tim wrote:
I picture Clark Ashton Smith holding a black flag adorned with a white skull, wearing his red beret, cresting a hill. An army of skeletons behind him.

Wow... Just. Wow. :shock:

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW

GerallKahla wrote:
Kehaar wrote:

Now *that* my good sir, is how to do roleplaying over the interwebs! :golfclap:

The whole 'where's my stealth skill again' became annoying in the last table top campaign I ran - never mind on Skype !

Kehaar

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:55 am

Ok, I wrote this:

Guman Thong by Paul Shuster completely ripped off the idea from contemporary Thai black magic though.

This one is more original, but I can only seem to find the French translation these days:

"Pourriture informatique " by Paul Shuster, I wrote originally English, and someone translated it. I am happy to see my ideas translated into French, being a Francophile.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:36 pm

Me singing (well, sort of) with one of my former bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZELqDdHHqT8

I guess death metal is more akin to creative destruction than creativity to the ears of most humans, but the Great Old Ones sure do enjoy it. They have yet to tell me so but I figure something like this MUST be right up their alley.

A link to a studio version of a song might be interesting as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFLvOVCas8U

You hear the instruments a lot clearer than on the live versions, but you must be pretty fluent in growling to follow what I say.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next