View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Show transcription 
Site Admin

As a part of my library work, I've been studying a lot about accessibility and decided that our show really does need a transcript. I'm going to be going through our archives and transcribing them. It's quite time-consuming, so it won't be done for a few months, at least. But I'm happy to be doing it.

However, I'm throwing this out in case some generous soul would like to pitch in and transcribe an episode or even multiple episodes.

This is how the transcription is going right now. Pretty straightforward. From our first episode:

Quote:
R: Well, I came to Clark Ashton Smith through H.P. Lovecraft, like a lot of people do. I came to H.P. Lovecraft through Neil Gaiman, actually. "Study in Emerald" and "Old Shoggoth's Peculiar." And I said to myself, "Self, I need to know who this Cthulhu is and who this Lovecraft is because I've heard about them so much" and I started reading it just before the HP Podcraft started and I think that's why I ended up sticking with it. Because their stuff, going through it, giving background, that helped me stick with it and become more interested and more engaged and then I ended up reading other people's writings, his contemporaries and stuff, and I ended up reading some Smith, and I liked it.

T: And we should give a huge shout-out to Chaf Fifer and Chris Lackey [R: Yes!] over at the...

R: H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast

T: So

P: You guys are totally in synch right now and I am totally the odd man out. Tim, you should tell us why, for you, but I have a really really, my introduction to Lovecraft is a really embarrassing story, so I'll talk about that after Tim goes.

I'm leaving out a lot the ums, stammers, repetitions, searching for the right word (unless it's meaningful). I hope this will let us meet more people (more listeners sounds wrong) and if anyone is interested in pitching in, you would have my eternal gratitude. Also a drink. A drink from each of us if we meet up.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

So far we have transcribers for "End of the Story" and "Colossus." That's awesome! It'll save me over a week, I think. (Planning to do only about 2 eps/week so I don't overwork my hands.)

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

The first transcription in all its rambling glory.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

And a further update that I've started a page with show transcriptions on it. http://thedoubleshadow.com/transcribed-episodes/

Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:45 pm
Profile WWW

My transcription is taking me forever. I'm about 90% done with episode 8, but I feel miserable that it's taking forever.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:43 pm

I've submitted two transcripts so far (Tale of Satampra Zeiros should post soon). It's a great resource; so much of my analysis and pop culture digestion comes through podcasts that opening it up to everyone makes a ton of sense to me. I'm going to try and tackle the 39 girdles in the next couple of days.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]