The Double Shadow: A Clark Ashton Smith Podcast

Episode #31: “The Seven Geases” pt. 2

This week, we conclude “The Seven Geases” with returning guest Jason Thompson.

We’ve found that editing four voices together as compared to three (as compared to two on other Weird podcasts) takes significantly longer. But while we can’t promise a perfectly predictable schedule, we will keep these coming.

Phil was interviewed on Europa Report, which you can watch from Amazon or other video on demand services.

Next time, we’ll be doing “The Coming of the White Worm.

Music:
Kevin McLeod – Bent and Broken
Bridge Underwater – Monster Delight
Kevin McLeod – Spider’s Web
Kevin McLeod – Spider’s Eye
Gregoire Lourme – La bataille finale

Tagged as: , ,

1. bluecthulhu says:

They’ve been inside the earth, too — there are openings which human beings know nothing of — some of them are in these very Vermont hills — and great worlds of unknown life down there; blue-litten K’n-yan, red-litten Yoth, and black, lightless N’kai. It’s from N’kai that frightful Tsathoggua came — you know, the amorphous, toad-like god-creature mentioned in the Pnakotic Manuscripts and the Necronomicon and the Commoriom myth-cycle preserved by the Atlantean high-priest Klarkash-Ton.
    —H. P. Lovecraft, “The Whisperer in Darkness”

It is strange seeing the parallel between The Mound and the Seven Geases. Both of them have Tsathoggua and some Serpent People who (in the Mound) live in Yoth…

I guess Mount Voormithadreth in Hyperborea (Greenland)and the Mound in Oklahoma are both entrances to the vast underworld.

2. BoneyEyesDogWashington says:

Best 4th of July present ever!! The voice effects are out-of-this-world! Ep made me smile! In an odd way, it was uplifting to me! Infectious enthusiasm for the Clark Ashton Smythos! I am most certainly looking forward to a chapter of The Book Of Eibon being given the Double Shadow treatment! I am giving anyone who takes a gander at my reply a geese to create a baker’s dozen of fake Itunes accounts to give this podcast five stars. 🙂

3. Awesome show! I know how time-consuming the extra editing work can be, but MAN does it pay off for the listener!

4. Chris Durrill says:

By the time the hero made it to past the final geas like a pair of unwanted hand-me-down neon green polyester disco pants, I was seriously expecting him to go home only to die ignobly when he’s knocked down and run over by a loaded dung cart driven by a drunk on his way to the town dump.